The Unicoi County School System, with a current enrollment of approximately 2,600 students, consists of six Preschool classes, four Elementary Schools (Grades K-3), one Intermediate School (Grades 4-5), one Middle School (Grades 6-8) and one High School (Grades 9-12). Unicoi County High School offers dual enrollment for college credit , AP classes, Distant Learning Classes, and a state CTE Program.
- Was eighteenth in the state for a combined achievement growth in Math and Language Arts for 2011 school year.
- Has an attendance rate of 95%.
- Held a 96.4% graduation rate for Unicoi County High School in 2010.
- Has technology enhanced buildings with the Middle School opening in 2010, the High School in 2000 and all Intermediate and Elementary buildings feature remodeling and excellent facilities.
- Works hard to meet not only the educational needs of our students, but to educate and care about the TOTAL child.
- Instills character values and positive attitudes in our students through Character Education Programs.
- Is staffed by dedicated professionals committed to the educational growth of our students.
- Works with community civic groups and individuals to coordinate a Community Day of Action to help provide students with needed clothes, food and school supplies.
- Uses data to drive decision making for our system and individual student growth.
- Offers a universal free breakfast for all students.