We have 2,300 students now and our structure is 4 elementary schools (K-5), 1 middle school (6-8) and 1 HS (9-12) with CTE.
- We were named Exemplary District by the Tennessee State Department of Education in 2017
- Our grad rate for 2018 was 91.2
- 89.5% graduation rate for Unicoi County High School in 2017-18
- Has technology enhanced buildings with the Middle School opening in 2010, the High School in 2000 and all Intermediate and Elementary buildings feature remodeling and excellent facilities.
- Works hard to meet not only the educational needs of our students, but to educate and care about the TOTAL child.
- Instills character values and positive attitudes in our students through Character Education Programs.
- Is staffed by dedicated professionals committed to the educational growth of our students.
- Works with community civic groups and individuals to coordinate a Community Day of Action to help provide students with needed clothes, food and school supplies.
- Uses data to drive decision making for our system and individual student growth.
- Offers a universal free breakfast for all students.
- Full time college access counselors for Unicoi County High School provided through an Ayers Foundation partnership.
- 1:1 iPads for all 4-12 grades
- ASPIRE literacy Book Bus