- Seven major interstate highways converge in Tennessee. Unicoi County is within a day’s drive of more than half of the U.S. population.
- More than 28 miles of I-26 pass through Unicoi County.
- Nearest Airport is located less than 30 miles from Unicoi County: Tri-Cities Regional Airport, TN/VA Foreign Trade Zone Designation, U.S. Customs Office, Port # 2082.
- Airlines Serving Tri-Cities Regional Airport: US Airways, American Connection, Delta Connection & Northwest Airlink.
- Railroad Transportation located in Unicoi County served by CSX Transportation.
- Commercial Motorcoaches: Greyhound Bus Lines is stationed less than 15 miles from Unicoi County.
- TN 511: TDOT has implemented 511 as a resource for travelers wanting information about road and travel conditions, incidents, and construction on state highways. 511 is part of the TDOT SmartWay program. Travelers have the option of accessing road and travel conditions using the Web at http://www.tn511.com/ or through the 511 phone service. Tennessee 511 is a three-digit phone number for travel information, and it replaces the previous toll-free construction hotline
- Tennessee 511 uses an automated voice response system, meaning callers are guided through the menu through a series of requests. Callers can ask for specific roadways or regions, and the system will provide information about traffic incidents, closures and other important roadway conditions.